Academic staff at the University of Northampton can set up online reading lists using the Talis Aspire software. There are significant benefits to setting up an online reading list, for both academic staff and students, including:
- Linking directly through to the full text of electronic books and electronic articles.
- Linking directly to information on the location of print stock and real-time details of its availability.
- Integration into NILE modules, either at list level or at list section level, enabling you to weave your weekly or thematic readings alongside your teaching material.
- Content added to an Aspire online reading list is automatically reviewed by the Reading List team for purchase. When you set up an Aspire reading list, you are asked for module numbers and this enables the right licence type or print quantities to be purchased.
- If you need a key book chapter or article digitised, that is not already available electronically, we may be able to provide a digital copy and add it to your readling list. See Digitisation.
- Using Aspire, Library and Learning Services can identify high demand texts across multiple modules, enabling us to buy additional resources to help alleviate pressure points.