Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Before you Publish

It is important to choose which journal you publish in carefully to maximize dissemination, visibility and citations to your research.

UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)

UKRI prefer outputs to be made available under open licences that facilitate reuse (such as CC BY), and CC-BY-NC-ND licences are strongly recommended but not mandatory.

Research Councils UK (RCUK)

Where Research Council funds are used to pay the APC for an Open Access paper; they require that the publisher makes the paper freely available under the CC BY licence. Where the ‘Green route’ to Open Access is used, any of the above licence types may be used.

Wellcome Trust

Where Wellcome Trust funds are used to pay for Open Access (Gold route); the CC BY licence must be used for research articles. For books and monographs, the CC BY licence is encouraged, but all of the above licences are acceptable. If the ‘Green’ route is used any of the above licences may be used.